- Install a water heater
- Get plumbing to work
- Tear off all the paneling
- rewire the house
- insulate the walls
- build kitchen cabinets
- open up the doorway between the dining room and living room.
- move the bedroom doorway (the room is so small, that it's in an awkward spot...)
- Put flooring down
- Put up sheet rock and complete mudding
- Paint the walls
Well... Thursday, Jessica, my sister, and my dad worked together to get the boxes that we stored is Jessica's basement into her family room. Matt's folks were going to come and pick up the boxes and some other things that night. Dan, Char, my dad and Jessica loaded their van with TONS of our kitchen/bathroom boxes and other great things, including our dining room table and 4 chairs!
Matt's parents arrived late Friday night for a visit and a big work week! :) They were willing to do anything, and we've taken them up on it. (On both sides, we have such a great family--- man! That goes on our Thankful List!) As we've been working we discovered some MORE things we have to do. Looks like...
- level the bedroom floors with the kitchen.
- redo the ceiling in the bedroom
- support the space we were planning to tear out between the kitchen and living room.
- replace all of the front windows and the bedroom window.
- take care of the big hole I found while pulling paneling off the bedroom studs... we can currently see outside.
- take out the bathtub and redo the floor
- insulate under the tub
As you can see... there's a lot to do. We'll post pictures. Soon. When I pulled the walls down in our bedroom, I was overwhelmed suddenly about how much work there was to do. However, when Matt saw how quickly I did the bedroom, he was greatly encouraged! He's sure it will go well. I, on the other hand... well... I'll try to hop on the same hand as Matt...
To keep updated on the progress, see our "P.H. Checklist" or click HERE.
|Me looking through the bathroom window--- Matt and Dan replaced this yesterday!|
|The current kitchen cabinets... the doors are different sizes and hung crookedly.|